Considering it has been a whole twelve months since I last posted here not a lot has changed in the world. We still seem to be looking forward to another year that isn’t as bad as the one before it. If anything 2017 has made 2016 look like the George W. Bush of years.
It has also been a year where my creative juices seemed to have been on hold and resulted in the grand total of one post (this being it) for 365 days worth of time. As is tradition though, I couldn’t let the end of the year pass without a review and plan for the next (hopefully!) twelve months.The backlog
- Read a book – SUCCESS!– I did it, after two years I managed to read a whole book. Not only did I read one, I read two. That is a 200% success rate. Granted I had already read one before (American Gods) but I managed to plough through Ready Player One in time for the movie.
- Save money – SUCCESS! – Not a huge amount, but changing jobs to be a contractor has seen the earning potential at Chez Ergo Sum increase as well as the ability to put some money aside.
- Eat more vegetables and exercise – Kind of Success – I am definitely eating more veg, even becoming partial to spring greens but the 2018 plan is exercise more while getting the calories from salt & sugar down.
- Comment more – HA!
- Get freshly pressed – DIDN’T EVEN PRESS
- Not move this site – SUCCESS!
- Not redo the site – SUCCESS BY DEFAULT
If 2016 was a slow down in writing then 2017 was the year it crashed. I’m not entirely certain for the reason (children, playing games, lack of inspiration) but the key to the next year is rediscovering the spark.
I’m ready for it, I have three separate blogs for areas of interest (more on that over the next few months) so all it needs is for me to type. As I am reaching the end of the Netflix queue I shouldn’t have a reason to be so lazy.
- Learn to sew (or at least tailor)
- Read another book
- Sleep more
2017 in summary
If 2016 was the year of the storm (baby, moving and ‘The World’) then 2017 was the year the effects were starting to be felt. Life has felt a bit more settled, a bit more clear and a bit more better. 2018 should be the year that I can build on this to be able to remove the bit.