When you are faced by the madness caused by crazy people you have two options, you can put up with the madness and let it slide or try to do something about it. For the most part I am of the former camp. I find it much easier to roll my eyes and be like a queen with power over ice.
I have to internalise this pent up rage on a daily basis whilst driving to work, if I didn’t it would eat me up and lead me to going a little bit Falling Down. I even have the glasses.
Still it does get to me, sitting in the car paying for the privilege of going nowhere as the dead dino-juice gases emit from the metal boxes around me. There are a number of wrongs that I would love to right.
- Women drivers not letting you out of junctions.
- Male drivers jumping out in front of you at junctions.
- Drivers of German engineered cars who won’t vorsprung Durch technik and use their indicators.
- Middle lane hogs.
- Fast lane hogs.
- Slow lane hogs.
- Lorries and bus drivers. Yes you are bigger…yes I would come of worse in a crash. But it is your livelihood you are gambling on.
- People on bikes who opt in and out of the highway code as and when it suits them.
- Under courteous drivers
- Over courteous drivers
- Not acknowledging I just made a manoeuvre to your benefit (like letting you in)
- Queue jumpers.
- People who let queue jumpers in.
- Drivers who ignore lanes at junctions and go where they want.
- Pink cars.
- Highway agency vehicles (stop pretending you are the police).
- Stupid traffic light patterns.
- Crossings as you exit a roundabout.
- Rubber neckers that cause delays by looking at an accident they can’t see.
- Traffic signals that have no basis in fact. (There is no congestion. It will not take me 15 minutes to get to junction 3. There is no fraking debris in the road.)