After being moderately successful with my goals for 2015, I thought I should try again this year. Again these are goals and not resolutions because there is no initial promise I will keep (or even attempt) them.
Last year was all about moving on with life so this year I’m going for the S version and just consolidating on last year’s design. As normal I do have a backlog of goals, which are from 2013, so I should start with them.
- Read a book – Just one book, either finish the Game of Thrones (not that it will spoil the TV show) or just one of the non-fiction I have on my bedside table. Not expecting to complete the Wisden almanac but it would be nice to read something other than The Napping House.
- Save money – This is going to be difficult as Mrs G is going on maternity leave for a few months, so if we can end the year in a similar financial position we will be doing okay.
- Eat more vegetables and exercise – I have to do this to encourage our little carnivore to eat more peas and less chicken.
- Comment more – After getting into the habit of writing a lot more (every day last year) I need to be doing the same for comments. I have got better about responding to people who comment here, but I need to improve on reading and commenting on others work.
- Get freshly pressed – No idea how this happens, but let’s see.
- Not move this site – Still must fight the urge.
- Not redo the site – still have hundreds of posts to add tags and categories to, must stop tinkering.
- Survive March – the arrival of Child #2 is going to be another upheaval, all we have to do is get through those tough few weeks and then the fun parenting begins.
- Be better at house – hang up the pictures we have had the frames for for years, finish the garden, file the paperwork, thin out the bookcases. In general spend less time with computerised housekeeping and more time with real buildings.