As the final hours of 2015 tick away it’s a good time to think about what I’ve done this year. I always feel bad about reviews because I am certain I didn’t do enough when in fact I have a list of achievements I forgot about due to the amount I had actually done.
I’ve found this out at work after being complimented on just how much work I had completed in just a few months, I had forgotten most of it because I was too busy to reflect backwards. So with 2015 almost over it’s time to asses how I did against the goals I set myself on January 1st.
Goals from 2014
- Read a book (FAIL) – Still not managed to finish one book that doesn’t have cartoony images in. This is despite a plan in October to read someting non light emitting 30 minutes before bedtime. I managed to start two more books (on the Byzantine Empire and the history of the house) but still looking to finish A Feast of Crows.
- Save money (FAIL)– This was going well, and then our car blew up. Although we have not managed to accumulate savings I still feel we are in a better financial position at the end of 2015 then at the beginning.
- Eat more vegetables and exercise (FAIL) – I have eaten a few vegetarian dishes during the year, but not enough to offset the continued consumption of meat.
- Write more (PASS) – Did someone say post every day? Did someone do that? After years of trying I completed the challenge (as long as I manage to do it today). So far there have been over 500 posts this year (including a massive 72 in September).
- Comment more (FAIL) – I have commented more, but not enough. Doing the writing challenges forced me to be more of a community member but this is my main aim and goal for 2016.
- Get some awards (PASS) – I have had a few nominations during 2015 (won’t say no to more 😉 ) and plan to write these up at the beginning of 2016…still aiming to be freshly pressed!
- Not move this site (PASS)– Possibly for the first time ever I never moved between the .com and .org versions of WordPress. Instead I decided to recategorise all my tags and media.
- Move on with my career (PASS)– I’ve made the first steps to progress with my career and although not achieved my main goal feel like I have made some progress professionally.
- Sort out the garden (PASS) – This is what it looked like when we bought the house:
This is what it looks like now:
- Do something life changing (PASS) – Moved jobs or having a second child? Think that counts
Hope your 2015 was as productive, or at least as interesting.