I’ve been doing a bit of ranting recently, whether it is about work or old people or just anyone that is not a mirror copy of me (and to be honest I can get pretty cross with myself). If only I could get isolate each and everyone of these ‘faults’ that I find in others and give them a warning to shape up or ship out.
I’m not saying this list is perfect, but it’s mine, as I tend to get irritated at the smallest of triggers. I also get angry at other people’s stupidity while still being dumb myself. I’m also very fond of lumping groups of people together based upon the sins of one individual.
Stuff that really hacks me off.
aka The Angry List
- People who say others are wrong
- People who are wrong
- German engineered cars who have an indicator defect, I believe this is related to a faulty driver
- Journalists who try to ‘create’ the story
- Those who ride bicycles that opt out of certain parts of the highway code
- Suck-ups and brown nosers
- Judging all men on the basis of the ‘bad boys’
- ‘Bad boys’
- Having to say hello first
- Self centred jerks who blog about things that hack them off
- The cancellation of Firefly
- ‘There are plenty of fish in the sea’
- ’You’ll find that perfect person’
- Working late
- Somebody’s angry list
- Other people in the cinema/theatre/concert
- Other people
- Dialect fascists
- That I’m told ‘I should get out more’
- Long lists
- The old
- The young
- The not-old and not-young
- Having to pay a fee for using a credit card
- Being offered a solution and procrastinating about it without offering another alternative
In fact that last one is possibly the trait I have the most problem with. I have a bad toe because of others indecision. It is something I cannot accept that if there are a number of options available to someone that instead of acting on them they pause and wait for something else to come along, Carpe Procrastino.
Stop waiting, do you know how many sprinters won Olympic gold waiting for a second bang? None, and it’s a stupid question for a stupid trait. I’m going to give you a few options…no hang on, options is what breaks your brain. You cannot handle being given something, is it your pride? When you “ooh” and “aah” like a lovelorn Marius I get red faced with the blood of angry men.
Procrastination, you are a mess. Indecision and inaction without sight of a better goal, the blight of modern corporate life where I have to go to the ends of the Earth to justify why I should do something and you get to kibosh all plans without cause.
Here are, sorry IS, your choice. Agree with a decision that is being made, or if not have an alternative option. If there is no alternative then shut up. Yes you may have the right to free speech, but you don’t have to exercise it. Nobody with the freedom of the City of London actually drives their flock through the streets, if they did it would be stupid (although something I would totally do).