Despite my New Year Humbuggery I do like to have a set of vague goals for the upcoming months. I call them goals because this makes it hurt less when I fail to meet one, naming them resolutions just dares me to break them.
So my goals for 2015 are to try and move life on a bit, I’ve had a good few years laying down the foundations for a good life (getting married, fathering, house buying etc) and now feel as though this is the year to kick on a bit. With that in mind I have my backlog from 2014 and some new aspirations.
- Read a book – As with every year I need to read more. I used to devour pages like bacon slices but that has slowed. With that in mind I am setting a goal of 12 books for the year. That starts this weekend.
- Save money – This may not be that easy while still in debt but I have a plan to clear as much money owed as possible. There is going to be a point in a few years when loans are cleared and life will be good.
- Eat more vegetables and exercise – I’m signed up for the Wolf Run in April. This needs to happen.
- Write more – I’m already doing well this year, after the Red Posting I have plenty of old posts but I’m also looking to write more on being a father.
- Comment more – yeah, I say this all the time but I am a rubbish WordPress community member.
- Get some awards – Fingers crossed, and I may drop a few hints from time to time.
- Not move this site – Itchy feet, must resist, I think I’ll just keep changing the theme instead.
- Move on with my career – I’ve been happy to stay at the same level in my job for a few years now, I think it’s about time I stepped up my game and made a push for the next rung on the ladder.
- Sort out the garden – it’s a bit of a mess at the moment and needs a lot more work doing than I got done in 2014.
- Do something life changing – having a year off big life events was great, but I don’t like calm. If I see a millpond I want to create some waves.